SEO is the process of improving a website’s visibility in search engines like Google. This is important for any type of business with an online presence. Here are the top reasons why SEO is important for your business and how to go about it.
1. Your business needs to be visible to customers on search engines: Search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing and others are the gateways through which people access information online. Through SEO, you direct your clients and customers to your website rather than them getting there by chance. Google.com itself has more than 100 million unique visitors per day, which means that if your website is not on the first page of search results, then you are missing out on hundred thousands of potential customers every single day. Search Engine Optimization makes sure that your business is visible to your customers on Google by improving your page ranking.
2. Your website needs to continuously generate traffic: The most important online growth method in a business is to continually generate traffic. The more visitors you get to your website, the more opportunities you have to promote your services or sell your products. With each new visitor to your site, you have a chance of communicating your value and closing the sale. SEO provides you with an effective strategy to promote your business online.
3. You can target your audience at different stages of the customer journey with keywords: Your website is where you can target your customers based on their needs and keywords they type in the search engine. With the help of keywords, you can deliver the right messages to the right audience at the right time and thus improve your sales.
4. If you’re not ranking on niche specific keywords, your competition is: Your competitors that are ranking on top of search engine results pages are most likely using SEO techniques. The fierce competition in today’s business means that your competitors are constantly marketing their businesses online and trying to get more customers with attractive offers and deals. If you don’t pay attention to your SEO and ask for help from an expert, then you will easily lose out on the market share to your competitors.
5. People opt for organic search results much more than paid results: For many people, organic search results are the holy grail of web browsing. Organic results are usually a much better reflection of a website’s relevance and authority. You can literally get your website ranked first in organic search results without spending a dime on advertising with SEO.
SEO can be a lengthy process because it takes research, hard work, and time to guarantee results. If you’re looking to make a change & start SEO, there’s never been a better time than now! Learn more about how you can drive SEO for your business today by reaching out to us.